Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rodney Atkins and a NIght of Family Friends and Fundraising.



Saturday night March 29th I was lucky enough to stumble upon a great night for a great cause.  If you follow Rodney on Twitter or Facebook you know that he is raising money for Holston Home.  This is where he was adopted from,  being adopted myself this is an effort that hits home.  The show was on stageit.com and called "Rod & Roseys First Livin' Room Live Show to Benefit Holston Home".  I had never been on the Stageit.com site before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  After perusing the site for a bit I added it to my favorites bar.  If you have never been on it before like myself it is a site for artists to have live shows and raise money at the same time. Each artist sets the price of the tickets. The site uses a "TIP" program where each "note" to tip costs 10 cents. The minimum tip is 50 notes or $5.00 all ticket money and tip money raised with this show went to Holston Home.

The hour long show featured The HIMms, Rose Falcon, and Rodney.  From the first shot of Rodney sitting on their couch in a gorgeous living room you knew you were in for a fun family filled night and that is exactly what you got.  There were some glitches at first with the picture and sound completely dropping for around 10 minutes. During the blackout there was some good conversation to be had using the chat feature on the site, Hope who was acting as the spokeswoman for the show kept us up to date the entire time.  When the feed came back The Himms played a short 2 song ditty.  Due to the black out they announced after the 2 songs there was to be and additional 30 minutes added to the show and then some.

Rodney played and this is when the tipping became fast and generous.  They had a contest that if they raised $5000 the highest tipper would have a private show with Rodney and Rose with Stageit.com at a later date.  Rodney played a full hit set list over the time of the show.  The best part for me was to see him involve his family.  He played a song with his father and a  few with Rose.  Rose added a song with her father as well However the show was stolen by a freestyle rap performance from the 2 pimped out boyz.  It was a great show over all and one that I soon will not forget.

The point of the show was to raise money and that is what happened.  There was a contest with gift pack for the highest Pre-Show bidder and that raised $1800.  During the show they were taking requests of tips and people were paying upwards of $100 to hear a song what a great idea.  Rose showed a painting she had just finished that will be going on Rodney's EBay auction(  Rodney Atkins EBay Site ).  There are some great items up for bids with some signed items from artists like Justin Moore, Zach Brown, and Jana Kramer.  Rose also added 2 of her shirts for tipping contests both of which will be signed by Rodney and Rose.  The shirts went to the first person to tip 500 notes or $50.  I lost out on the first one by mere seconds but i really didn't mind because I was tipping to help the kids out.  If I had one the shirt I would have told them to put it up for auction anyways.  They added another gift pack to the highest bidders of the show and also the Encore show that was set up due to the blackout.  The night was a success,  the $5000 mark was not hit during the show but the final number has not been put up as of yet.

I am full behind this cause and will help out anyway I can.  I just want to thank Everyone that tipped and everyone that is bidding on items.  It is because of people like you that I am able to be writing this now.  I have no idea what my life would have been like if I were not adopted by such amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment