Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WYRK Fall Acoustic Show review

   



      This is the first time I have ever gone to any of the WYRK acoustic shows.  Normally the line up does not make me want to spend the money that I could save for a big time summer show.  However this line was a must see for me, Craig Morgan, Parmalee, and Cassadee Pope.  My daughter also really wanted to see  Cassadee Pope so I figured what a great show for her first true country concert.

       It was an intimate atmosphere very laid back and easy going. The show was at UB Center for the Arts.  It is a great venue for this type of show large capacity and comfortable seats.   All the artists took the stage at the same time.  I had a very good view of the show, we sat 3rd row to the left side of the stage.  Cassadee was right in front of us.  I am not going to lie I was not very familiar with Parmalee before the show.  That was a major my bad,  I am officially a big fan now.  Craig Morgan was sitting in the middle of the stage front and center.  He started out joking about the snow storm we had the previous day and how the owner of his label also owns the Sabres.  The Sabres for those you do not know is the NHL team here in Buffalo.

    He then made a joke about how is wife didn't like the song he was about to play until it became a #1.  The song of course was International Harvester.  You would not have known it was an acoustic show if you were to just hear it.  Craig brought his  mix of traditional style country and modern.  There were many times when the other artists on stage could be seen singing along with Craig.  There was definitely a shared respect of each other on stage.

      Cassadee Pope followed Craig in the rotation,  she did make a point to show her slight intimidation about that.  She had nothing to fear she blew the crowd away.  It was kind of nice to be able to just hear her sing since not many people knew her songs besides "Wasting All These Tears".  She would go on runs that brought the crowd to their feet.  It was incredible to see the reaction when she belted out her songs.  I feel she stole the show away from Craig and Parmalee.  She made one new huge fan in my daughter which is tough to do because she is not the biggest of country music fans,  a trend I am really trying to break.  However she liked Cassadee so much all she wants for her birthday is tickets to see Tim Mcgraw because Cassadee will be there.  I really need to meet Cassadee and thank her for converting a former Bieber lover to a country fan.

       Parmelee was last in the rotation and when they started the crowd was instantly divided between the young and old.  The younger people in the crowd went crazy when it was Parmelee's turn.  However by the time the full set was done the entire crowd was on board with them.  One of my favorite moments of the entire show was their cover of Miley Cyrus " Wrecking Ball".  I almost fell out of my seat with that song it was not only funny but hit home with my nights at the bar.  I could not help but show all my co-workers the following day.

       After the show they had a meet and greet with every single artist.  I asked my daughter if she wanted to meet any of them of course she said yes and chose Cassadee.  We walked over to get in her line and not only was it the longest line actually stretching out the door to the frigid cold but it was also cut off.  I guess thats what you get for great seats.  Overall this was a good show to be at.  It was a nice change from the normal summer shows.  I loved the intimate setting and calmer atmosphere.  The show was all about the artists and their songs and not the theatrics that normally go along with shows.  I will be at every acoustic show from here on out.  WYRK did not disappoint they continue to promote country music and newer artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment